MANILA (January 17, 2017) — The Bangsamoro Federal Business Council, Inc. (BFBCI) has announced that it will hold the “First Bangsamoro Economic Summit” in Davao City within the first quarter of this year.
A registered non-stock, non-profit domestic corporation, BFBCI is the premier business organization in Mindanao, particularly in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM), according to the statement.
It said in support of President Rodrigo R. Duterte’s 10-Point Socio-Economic Agenda, the council will undertake programs/projects for the economic advancement of the Bangsamoro.
The Officers of BFBCI are: Mr. Abdul Gani M. Macatoman, chairman; Mr. Nasraili B. Conding, president; Atty. Paisalin PDM Tago, secretary-general; Atty. Algainy P. Alug, executive director; Sheik Omar B. Noor, treasurer; and Dr. Abdul Hanan M. Tago, spokesman.
Envisioned to be the premier business organization in Mindanao, particularly in the ARMM, BFBCI has the following mission:
1. To advocate economic programs designed to uplift the economic condition of the Bangsamoro;
2. To promote a pro-business climate conducive to investors and businessmen;
3. To provide linkages between Moro businessmen and foreign investors;
4. To encourage entrepreneurship; and
5. To conduct regularly a Bangsamoro Economic Summit where economic development concepts are catalyzed.